I’ve always been an avid bookworm, and my greatest dream is to be a published author (hello, universe – manifestation vibes!!).
Many books have changed the way I think about life, but these 7 in particular, have helped me to live in a way that is a lot more FREE, daring, brave, and authentically. I highly recommend!
- The Alchemist, by Paulo Coelho. I love anything by this amazing Brazilian author, however this one particularly touches my soul! It will inspire you to go after your dreams, No. Matter. What. To risk it all in the pursuit of what you love, knowing that to do this is the ultimate calling of your soul!
- You Can Heal Your Life, by Louise Hay. I read this when I was 20 years old and going through a rather troubled time of discovering who I (really) was, and taking my first tentative steps into the world of wellness and metaphysics. You’ve no doubt heard of Louise. She’s fab.
- A New Earth, by Eckhart Tolle. This one requires a quiet space and a willingness to dedicate some real attention to deciphering the slightly cryptic messages within … but it is so beautiful, so brilliant. As always, Eckhart strips away the layers of FALSE and SUPERFICIAL, getting straight to the heart of what it means to be alive.
- Conversations With God, by Neale Donald Walsch. This is a 3-book series, and I loved all of them. His writing is totally thought-provoking, challenging to many of the notions handed down by society that we so blindly follow, and straight to the point.
- Light Is The New Black, by Rebecca Campbell. I love, love, loved this. All about soul purpose and ‘coming out of the closet’ about who you REALLY are. Because let’s face it, most of us are hiding a large chunk of our true selves in some space where it is being wasted. If you need help shining your light, this is the book for you!
- Eat, Pray, Love, by Elizabeth Gilbert. I stumbled across this in Bali when I was 20 years old, after it had just been released. It was the perfect place to read it! I never get sick of Gilbert’s hilarious, witty, honest writing. I’m sure you’ve read it, most of us have, but it never gets old!
- Simple Abundance: A Daybook Of Comfort And Joy, by Sarah Ban Breathnach. I was gifted this many years ago, and loved it so much that I have gifted copies to many of my dear friends since. A passage for every day of the year, this book is inspiring, humbling, and shines light on the many ways in which we can learn to celebrate EVERY day, for the little things that it presents us. I adore this book. Such a great gift your your Mum, your girlfriend, or anyone in need of uplifting.
And finally … I must make mention of the book that started me off on my journey of exploring my potential, owning my truth, and becoming who I really am.
Years back, after my first challenging long-term break-up, a friends surfy boyfriend gifted me a copy of The Power Of Now by Eckhart Tolle. I remember lying on the beach reading it, in the midst of my anxiety about my future. Although I was a muddled mess, looking back, I can see that this book opened up and expanded my thinking and views of my life, so dramatically.
Do you have a book (or several) that has changed you forever?
Big love –
Naturopath / Women’s Life Coach // Melbourne, Australia / Skype
Stay connected with me.
I work as a Naturopath + Life Coach in Melbourne, Australia, and via Skype.
And, if you loved this blog, you may also love: